Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fresh coats of paint ...

So just to keep you up to date on my Russia adveture, I have been given an admission date for hospital. February 23rd, 2015.

I'ts been very useful to follow the threads on the Russia group that has done their procedure there already and all the rest of us waiting to go. To read all the 'must brings' that would have never crossed my mind. Reading all this helps me incorporate this new hope in my life.
Apart from my husband and my children, nobody else knows about this big leap of faith I'll be taking. Yesterday I told a dear cousin that lives back home. And she only gave me hope, and was very interested to hear everything about it. I love you Paula !! You've always been my sister and always will be.

I finally started working in this house. We moved late August last year. It's beautiful. Bigger, more room, wonderful garden, huge driveway ... it looks like a landing strip .. hahhaa. Didn't want to start painting right away. Wanted to live in it before changing anything. Good thing cause in September I had my gallbladder taken out. And it took me a couple of months to recover ... then it was Halloween ... and then Christmas. Big production where we moved so we couldn't stay behind.
So in January I started painting. Giving new coats of bright colours to my children's three rooms. To be honest, at the beginning, I though well, may as well start painting now. Now that I can still do it. Not gonna lie ... I'm slow. But precise .. hahhaa. It takes effort to go up and down the little latter. But it can be done. Thank goodness the former owner left the latter he used to have here. It has a handle so it's way safer for me.

In the meantime I found this great group about HSCT ... and now that I started my latest project (living room and dining room) I'm not painting cause I still can. I'm doing it to remember this part of my life in the future. And one day be able to think 'yeah, I did that, and I had MS'. I want it to remind me that if you work hard at something you can do beautiful things. It will keep me grounded when I get better.
Because I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment