Translate

Friday, October 17, 2014

5 months and counting ...

I had seriously thought of deleting this blog.

Don't know if I'll ever have the courage of making it public. Once I do that, it will be out there. My thoughts will be out in the universe. My MS will have actually existed. Tangible. I don't want it to ever had happened. I wish. Can't be done though.

Then I think maybe my words will help someone feeling like me. Or maybe I'll put a smile on someone's face. Maybe some people will like my writing.
Then, before deleting it, I started reading my older posts. And for some reason I feel someone has to read this. They are not bad at all .. lol.

Anyway ... I think my last post is after Easter. Wow ... all summer went by. It was nice to enjoy our swimming pool and the children rarely stopped in the house. They were swimming most of the time. It was a busy summer. Having three of the children enrolled in soccer. But it was a good summer. The weather was pretty good too. Not too humid, not too hot, it was actually perfect.
Didn't get many of my projects done outside of the house ... but there's always another year, right ? We went to the cottage for a couple of weeks and had fun. I twisted my ankle on the rough rocks but otherwise I was ok. I'd say the highlight of my summer was having my husband's family over for his birthday in June. Then the excellent results of the children at the end of the school year. Then the cottage in July. Then my visit to Chile for my Dad's 80th birthday. How I love my family in Chile, I've missed them so much !! I realized I can keep in touch with all the ones that have an i-phone through my i-pad. That, for some reason, makes my life much better. It was a quick, intense 10-day visit. But I was by myself, and I loved it. Missed my little ones dearly, but I think I needed that. They needed that. I'm grateful to my husband that made it possible. I was able to go and share that important moment with my Dad and brothers. How I love those three. And my girls .. cousin, step sister and friends .. oh how I miss them.



So, September came, school crazyness began and now in October we're settling down to our routines. Life is good right now, and I'm grateful for it.

In the Russia front, everything is working too. After my visit to Chile, I told my family about HSCT. Answered lots of questions and what I found from everyone, was support. All the way. I thought I was going to have to 'sell it' a bit more ... but I was so wrong. Support and love is all I got. I gave all my closed ones one of my bracelets (that made it by the way) and they are all wearing them. When one of my brothers heard about my plan to go to Moscow, he said that was in his bucket list, and what better timing than when I'm going. So I'm lucky enough to have my brother with me for the first two weeks of treatment. Feeling blessed. Got my tickets already. My brother will take care of the Vega Hotel. But what made me most happy is that because I have dual citizenship (Chilean-Canadian) if I show my Chilean passport when I get to Russia, I need no visa. Whooot ?? Little things that make life good.


So now I'm working on my packing list, encouraging patients that are in Russia right now, talking to future patients that will be there at the same time than me, keeping strong. I was thinking I should have a video of myself 'surfing' around the house and going up the stairs as of now. And post them ... just to have them so I can compare. I really hope I can stop this. Not get any worse. I keep telling myself this.

Wow !! Someone had a lot to say .. haha.


Keep your chin up everyone !!


No comments:

Post a Comment