Translate

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

And all the tripping ...

In my last post I forgot to mention all the tripping I had before being diagnosed. Many of you might have been in my situation.

All of a sudden I just started tripping. With air, with myself ... with my children, with a fly .. who knows. The first time I remember happened was in the summer of 2011. 

My oldest daughter was performing at the end of the year concert. She was playing the violin. So I leave the other three sitting in one corner and go to the first row and start filming. Oh, she did great, so proud !! She finishes, I get up, start walking back to my children and see that my son (3 years old at the time) is coming to love-tackle me. I know it's coming, I'm ready and phaaaattt !!! on my face !!! He actually tackled me and I subsided !! Hahaha ... I heard the 'ughh!!' from the audience in the back. It's quite funny to remember actually. So, like any other mother of little children, I proudly got up and gave the appropriate laugh.

Now that I remember, that same day when I was getting all the stuff in the car, before heading to the concert, I fell on my knee when getting to the car. Darn !! Made a hole in my white pristine pants ... had to leave everyone in the car ... Mommy has to go change quickly .. lol ... and back out I came with fresh pants on. 

The last fall I remember was during the winter in 2012. We were all in the ski slopes .. everyone else skiing, me taking care of my 1 year old. I remember walking to the car with my sister in law, holding my baby girl and towing a sled with all the skies with the other hand. So we were chatting and suddenly ... BAM !! I'm down for the count !! I am going to blame this one on a hole covered by snow that it was impossible to be seen ... but I fell nonetheless. And I remember the look of horror in her face when she looked beside her and I had dissapeared .. lol. I must say that my daughter was still safely in my hand, no damage made.

Then, there were all the ankle twisting. The one I remembered the most was one that happened one morning. We are all getting ready for my oldest daughter's fieldtrip to the Zoo. We as parents had volunteered to help the class and that way the other three children in our family got a free trip to the Zoo. Perfect. So I'm getting everyone ready, dressed, ponytails made, beds made .. running around. I enter my bedroom and from nowhere BAM !! I forgot to 'think' about walking properly and lifting my left foot .. yes people, for the ones that don't understand this, in my case I have to think about doing this everytime I take a step. If I don't I look like a zombie walking. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood of thinking this all the time and just walk with a stretched leg. Way less work, but also way uglier .. lol. By the way .. sometimes my 3 year old is playing house and she's the Mommy. So she has a purse on her shoulder, cell phone in her hand and limps of one leg. Yep, she's walking like Mommy. For some reason this does not hurt my feelings. That's all she knows. Bless her ...

Wow .. off topic ... ok, so I forgot how to walk and twisted my left ankle. And by twisting it I mean .. REAAALLY twist it. I did a number this time. And can't blame any outsiders for this. All my own fault. Oh no, cannot happen today, we have a long day ahead of us. So, I do as many other times ... I just suck it up and say, I can do it. I was in PAIN !! Ugly pain. Sore throbbin pain all day. But I did go to the Zoo, pushed that stroller, skipped, hobbled and coped. In retrospect, maybe I should have stayed home and everyone else would have had an equal good time. But that's the way I was. Didn't want to surrender.

Anyway .. I thought all the tripping would be a good thing to add.

I've stopped tripping now. I am much wiser now and have learnt my lessons. Now I'm almost an over thinker and I rather be slower than faster but with the option of falling.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment