Translate

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Other uses for a cane ...

I've been using a cane for a while now. I think I started doing it about two years ago. I realized that my walking the children to the bus wasn't too pretty anymore. My stride wasn't as provocative if you will. It was a pretty close and direct walk. But I tended to go to my left a lot. And for those who are wondering, nope, I wasn't drinking alcohol first thing in the morning, or after lunch for that matter.

I remember going for Christmas shopping one day and even though it was a quick and efficient trip, I ended up with a horrible pain in my neck. Now that I think about it it could have also been all the money spent ... hahaaa.

So I gave in and I had to go buy my black cheapest cane I could find. As you may have read before, my girls got it all pimped with stickers and jewels, lovely, now it would really stand out. And then I became 'the lady with the cane'.

It's comical, one time I got the look of a little child who with no shyness asked me if I really needed it or I was faking ... Hahhahaaa. I just told him I only use it on the days I will be doing special magic tricks. You should have seen the big eyes he opened.

Lately my dear cane has been renamed by my 6 year old son. It has become 'super cane' !  Yes, Supercane as I will call it now, serves for many things. First and most importantly, it is used sometimes to reel my four children into the right direction to go. Before crossing a road I make sure all my chickies are alligned or have stopped while we are looking for any cars coming our way. It can push elevator buttons or open automatic doors pushing the disabled button. Oh yeah !!

It can also pick up stuff from the back of the car. Or if you use the hook part of it it can pick up diverse stuff from the floor. Yes, my life has become more efficient. The best part (if I can call it best) is when I get to my preferential parking spot. Sometimes I feel the odd look from someone parking right beside me. As if they are thinking ... what the heck ! She looks so young and gorgeous (lol, may as well give myself some love). Then I slowly pull down my shade showing the disabled sticker (thinking ... yeah baby !! I got one of those ! I'm officially authorized to be here !). And then comes the real treat if anyone is still looking. Then I get out of the car and pull out Supercane !! Yeahhhh !! I belong here people !! Hahhahaaa.

Then there's the little mental competition/evaluation, of who else is parked in the 'preferential' zone. Let's call it like that. You see the elderly, well, they almost deserve it just because at that age it's fair. Or the really screwed that even I offer help to get to the car. Or the ones like me, they don't really should or look sick, until you see us walk. Yeah, most time I loose that competition, but I'm grateful I can have it. I always know the shortest walking route and where the elevators or washrooms are (I do have four children after all and must be prepared). It makes me really mad if someone makes me walk in circles (I need to save any extra steps I give).

I've found Supercane is also useful to keep little children entertained. They can use it as a weapon, as a giant sword, it can clear bushes while on a nature walk. It can test snowy paths looking for irregularities. It was very useful this past winter. It was very icy and it really helped me stay up instead of falling on my head. It can also push little frogs out of our swimming pool area. Don't judge me, I'm a city girl at heart and only hold those things when my children are around, cause I need to show them I'm brave ... lol. The last awesome thing Supercane did for us so we didn't get soaked, was at the indoor swimming pool. Someone left a shower on and seeing the water running without a purpose was driving me insane, so Supercane was used to turn the shower head the other way and then my daughter was able to turn the water off. I say my daughter did it because wet surfaces are a no-no for me. Too many risks of slippery situations, better send the little one for that.

I'm getting to know how this blog thing works. I added the feature to sign up and receive each entry by mail. Which you're welcome to do. There's also the translation feature in case someone wants to read this in a different language. I hope it works, let me know otherwise.

Thank you so much for all the kind words. Many people I never expected have written me messages of support and love. Well, right back at you, thanks to all of you I've become who I am. You all have a piece of my heart and I truly thank you for joining me in this journey.

The way I see it, is choose to smile every day instead of crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment