Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Food for thought ...

Ok ... so people DO read my posts .. lol.
Thank you !!

Amazing how life goes on, we are in the middle of February, almost, and winter is totally blasting here in Ontario. Last week I had to shovel the snow in the entrance of my house 7 times (counting this morning). No small feat. Now, I do get the easy part. My wonderful neighbors are the ones that do our landing strip. Sorry, our driveway. Have I said I have great neighbors ? I do. One of them was working his way through the snow last weekend and we (me and the children witnessing this heroic act through the window) couldn't figure out who that kind soul was. Is it our neighbor on the left ? Nahhh, it doesn't look like him (he always wears a very light jacket, unmoved by our cold winter). Is it Uncle Tim ? naahhh ... he uses the four wheeler that belongs to my in-laws (therefore not the latest model), this one is a brand new yellow one. It has to be our neighbor on the right. He's the only one that would face the world wearing a hilarious viking hat, yellow long and bushy beard included. It can only be him. Thanks again Rob !! and Al, and Kerri !! Awesome neighbors. 

Another thing in my personal news this week was that Target announced they will close their doors in Canada. What a bummer. They've been in Canada for only two years. I don't have any studies in business, but it blows my mind to think that someone thought it was a good idea for Target to start their business in Canada with over 200 full working stores. Let's start small people !! Talk to me next time and I can give you advice. Yes, it wasn't the cheapest place to do grocery shopping .. but who in their right mind would do grocery shopping there. And yes ... I guess the prices weren't as good as they are in the States. But the quality of the stuff was great. Loved buying clothes there for my children. And sometimes for myself. Loved the quality of towels and decor. I will miss it. But the best part is that they had a Starbucks. That hurts. It hurts cause now to get a good latte fix, I'll have to drive to the next mall (20 minutes away). Oh well, I know I will survive. On my efforts to get over this slowly, I go to Target and they had already closed the coffee shop. Ughhh ... I felt empty. At least I can fondly remember that the last coffee I got there was for free. You know .. cause at this age it's fun just to start a conversation for no reason. I was the next in line and see a guy (kind of in charge of the store looking guy) was teaching a young girl how to serve the perfect latte. So I start a small talk. And it seems they were offering a new brew of coffee. Want to try it ? he asks, sure !! So after a few minutes with the freshly poured latte on my hand I kind of ask ...'hellooo ... I'd like to pay please ?' 'Oh no' he answers. 'I took care of it'. Whaaat ? So nice. Thank you guy at Starbucks. The best was yet to come. I come back home, showing off to my children that a handsome guy made me this coffee for free (of course I'm going to embellish this a bit for them) and my youngest one asks 'awww, was he weird Mama?' ... ok so only weirdos give Mama a free coffee ? 'No, my dear, he was very normal, smart, well spoken and kind person'. Ha !

Anyway ... we are again getting closer to the weekend. Which is always busy in this household with sports activities. Weather man said last night we're getting another cold spell .. great !! I've been religiously checking the temperatures in my hometown and in Moscow .. always colder here. So I'll win that battle for sure.

I was looking in the mirror this morning ... my gray is starting to show again ... to do or not to do the roots again. Food for thought .. is it worth it to look awesome for a month when it all will come off next month ? What do you think .. how about I put this matter to people's vote.

39 more days ...




No comments:

Post a Comment