Translate

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sleepovers before Moscow ...

My husband works away for about 3-4 weeks and then returns home for 10 days. When he's away, the children like to have sleepovers with me. So they take turns. Lately though, I'm the one looking forward to each sleepover. They don't know it. I love it. I love looking at their sleeping faces, at their innocence, one of them likes to talk in her sleep so that's a whole different entertainment. I play with their hair, I kiss them, and cuddle them. I'm treasuring each sleepover cause God knows I'll miss them when I'm in Moscow. I will miss them, but I'll have them back again. It will all be worth it. I love that quiet time I get to enjoy each one of them. Having four children, I don't get many of those times during the day. So I'm treasuring them. I'm treasuring the little one singing around the house for no reason. Wearing sunglasses, her bikini and winter boots, while dancing and singing in the mic. Don't you just love the innocence of children ? I'm treasuring each moment.

I was talking with a journalist of a local paper. Here goes another effort to help my crowdfunding site. We'll see what happens there. He asked me why do I think HSCT would be news for them to publish. I told them I wish I had heard it from someone local, or in the paper, or somewhere else that gave me any hopes for my MS. In the end he says 'Happy Birthday' .. 'excuse me ?' I say ... 'Have a good day' ... 'oh !! lol, you too' .. hahhahaaa. I'll blame that one on the phone line. That same night a photographer came to take pictures of us. Apparently we're going on the paper .. sometime in February. The children are very excited, they think they'll be famous. 

My sister-in-law emailed the Principal at my children's school about doing a fundraiser. It was denied, but she agreed to ask the students to wear orange in support of MS, March 12th. That's nice, I guess. More kudos to Amy for setting this up. Thank you !! Don't know why orange .. isn't red MS's color ? Anyway ... any color is good I guess. Should I try to squeeze in my Flip wristbands in school that day ? Darn .. I'm loosing market with the 'Flip the {bird}' idea .. never crossed my mind it wasn't really appropriate for little children. Hey .. maybe the High School ? hahhaaaa. 

Anyway .. I have a few more names in the media which I'll keep trying to contact this week. You never know.

Also bought some mint gum (for the days in ISO when I won't be able to brush my teeth), two tubes of moisturizer (my skin will get very dry), face wipes .... (don't know why but I thought I might need them). All of these items have been added to my Russia Bag. Checked !!

On a side note I must share these pictures my husband took of his Flip bracelet while working in Newfoundland these past few weeks (east of Canada). I love him to pieces. Even though he criticizes my grammar sometimes. I'll be forever grateful for his support and love. Here's the pics.









How cute are these pictures ? I just love the idea that he took the time to think about the journey I'm about to embark and wore the bracelet (even though he complains it's too tight for him .. lol) and took pictures on the different things he has to do. Thank you !!

I would like to remind people that I opened a Tilt account to try to get extra funds. Tilt is a crowd funding site. Canadian dollar hasn't done very well lately and the treatment is getting more expensive for us. I also have to think of my return and that I'll need physio after 8 weeks. Everything adds up and any bit helps. I want to publicly thank to my first supporter Sarah. Thank you for start the ball going. And to two newly met neighbors that have also shown me support. Muah !! I thank you all in advance.

https://www.tilt.com/campaigns/flip-the-bird-to-ms-in-russia

Also, to all Facebook users, I opened a page which you might want to visit. I'll be able to share quick updates and pictures/videos, while I'm in Moscow. Please go to it, give it a like and join me in my journey.

https://www.facebook.com/flipthebirdtoMS

I think that's all for now. Wow ... we are almost into March. All the best to the current patients at Pirogov in Moscow. I've heard of some vodka parties going around. Lol.

28 days ...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment