Translate

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fourth week in Moscow ...

Well, this has been a diferent week.

Spent mostly in my safe door-closed room, called Isolation. The only people that were allowed to come in were doctor, and nurses all gowned in, wearing masks and gloves. And you get used to that. And feel safe. Your immune system is low and you don't want to risk getting any germs, infecctions or anything that might get you sick. So you adapt. Good Doctor will bring you your numbers which will go down at first , but then suddenly, in my case they will start creeping up, almost too soon. Which, again, it's great, but you feel so safe, are you even ready to start thinking you might get out of ISO before ten days ?

As I said before, I'd make a good inmate. Had my routines down.
Coffee in the morning, stretching session going on, shower, vodka solutions that you had to pour over your body every day, got my newly fresh karate hospital pijama every day. I got it down. Then I'd work by the nice window light on my son's stiching project (it will be his Christmas sticking this year). Then wait for our snack at 12. Usually a nap would be fitting, ready to wake up at 2pm, time to eat my lunch and quickly chat with my children before heading for school. Then maybe watch a bit of Netflix, read, lie down again ... Ready for dinner at 6. And I'm not even obsessing with the food anymore. I still keep a food journal, cause I find it's funny, but I've tried the tongue, I've eaten liver, porridge, some stuff I don't even have names for. I usually mix the soups with everything else they bring and they end up being pretty tasty. But that feels almost in the past now.

So after zenning it out for a whole 7 days, Dr. Fedorenko comes in with the biggest smile, opens my door, my numbers are way up and I'm free. Free !! I don't know, should I ? I kind of shake to the idea to get out of my room. It feels so safe. But I did go out, all masked on, shaky, not sure .. Making sure there weren't any dragons or sick people dragging themselves outside, sneezing or coughing ... lol.
And it was ok.

My friend Ange and I were released the same day, and we just hugged it out. Did't want to let her go. It's such a profound feeling going through this together. I just couldn't believe it we were both in one piece, smiling, safe, upright, what a blessing. We got together with Steve yesterday, yes, being ever the gentleman he stayed in for one more day. But again, it was just so nice and unexplainable for other people to understand the joy we felt of just being able to sit, chat and laugh. I'll miss these guys. Meanwhile, you can see Dr. F. walking around, just looking at us with a big smile in his face too. Seeing us outside of our rooms, starting our independence again. I'll be forever grateful to him for allowing me to have a second chance in life.

So now, what's left. Regain my energy. Start taking a few walks indoor first and then venture out. I don't want to overdoit. It's been an intense treatment and I want to do this right. So I still have a few more days left here. My flight leaves home next Friday early morning, so I have until Thurday  to work back on my strenght and I'll be taking all the time I need.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. For the huge support on the page I created in Facebook (Flip the bird in Russia) where I've put a few more pictures.
I feel all the love and I really appeciate it. I always love to hear all the kind words.
I can now start thinking on my way back home and there's no other better feeling like that.

:)



2 comments:

  1. Q gran camino has recorrido amiga!!! Con una fuerza y entereza que te caracteriza, lo que ha hecho que todo este proceso que se veía tan largo ya esté llegando a su fin contodo el éxito que te mereces.
    Un abrazo bien grande y a prepararse para tu regreso a casa con tus niños y Rob que tanto te deben extrañar. Un beso grande!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Catita mia. Gracias por tus palabras a lo largo de este proceso, todos los dias con tu animo y amor incansables. Te quiero mucho. No queda nada!!

    ReplyDelete