Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Third week in Moscow ...

I guess it's time for an update.

This last week has been one of the bussiest. Not because of many things happened, but each of them were very intense.

Last weekend I was dealing with four days of chemo, that really the only effect it had on me, was feeling utterly tired. So I slept it, and I slept it and came out of it. Then I had a very welcome day of rest, I got to see my two buddies that I enjoy so much time with.

Then came the day of my stem cell transfussion. What an experience, rushed, quick, intense, heavy sensation on the chest, a quick tomato sauce taste, but mainly heavyness in my chest. Dr. Fedorenko was by my side the whole time, looking at me, wanting to hear all I was feeling. Very reassuring. Having four children has taught me that you can breathe through anything. Pain, heavyness, weird feelings, it will all pass. And it all did. Quickly. The fact that he was telling me it was almost over ... I just trusted. I trust this good Doctor with no regrets. And it worked. Then, I just felt I wanted to sleep, massively, intensely sleep. I know they kept coming in, checking on me, my blood pressure, is she still with us ... lol .. But I just slept. And I made it. And I'm thankful I've had this life changing experience that will give me hopes with a life without MS.

I was awakened quickly cause there's the tradition of throwing our buckets with dry ice where our
stem cells were frozen for a few days. So Ange and I 'gracefully' woke up for this big event. And we got to hear Dr. Fedorenko's beautiful words of new begginnings, we got our Iris pins that I will
treasure forever. Anastasia got to do a little dance, hugs, kisses, tears of joy, very intense moments that I will keep forever in my heart. The Doctor, staff, nurses are all so professional. We are a lucky bunch of people.

Then the next day I got another day off and it would be Steve's special day of stem cell transfussion. I was lucky enough that he asked me to come in and witness his procedure so I could take pictures. I will be forever grateful I was able to see this. So methodical, everyone knew their places their
mission and everything got done perfectly. Steve was great too ! Very brave and I'm sure he may have played it a bit for the camera ... hahahaa .. Joking, you were great. Thank you again.

Then we had a celebratory pizza with a guest from the second floor, Paul from Australia that is just starting all this. I hope we filled him up with hope and positivism. This can be done and it's the best decision you've made so far mate ! What a pizza !! Best one I've had in a while.

A day later the three of us (Steve is catching up quickly !) have gone into Isolation, where we still keep in touch via messages, which is great. I miss them but I know the end will be even greater. We already have dibs on who's getting out first and get us a BIG MUCHO QUESO PIZZA !! So we can celebrate as we should !!

So that's all for now from Pirogov. Days go by slowly but surely. Day +4 for me. I can now start thinking how how little there is left for me to go home and get all my cuddles.

Take care everyone and be nice.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment