Translate

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Second week in Moscow ...

A lot has happened, and not much.

I got my stem cells extracted a couple od days ago and got a whopper of 2.9 million in the first try. Must say I was the winner day. A relief to get it done in one day and get that stiff aparatus off my neck. One day off. My partners in crime got their numbers too, one more stubborn than the other one, but we are all good now.

I'm on my third day of chemo and sailing through. No major side effects, just feeling tired. Energy down, but that's to be expected. 

Getting used to the food. I'm a very good patient and eat almost anything. Has to be what my body needs. 

I've come to realize I'd make a very good inmate somewhere. I Keep my room tidy and clean. Do my own dishes. It is very zen. I have my routines which help me go through the day. Lunch time is busy cause it's when my loved ones get up and want to catch up. Thank Goodness I've already gone through the chemo drips and various naps so I'm somewhat awake .. Lol. 

But it's nice to hear from them. It's nice to read the tremendous support coming from everywhere. It loads me up, it makes me happy, it helps me. I don't dwell too much on the heartfelt ones, not because I don't treasure them, but because I'm trying not to think too much. It's easier that way. Keep it light. Keep it happy. 

It's Easter at home right now and I'm hoping my husband got it all done. I remember a year ago, he was working away and I had to toss the plastic eggs outside in the garden the night before, so the children would have their egg hunt in the morning. I remember in the end thinking ... Why did I fill so many eggs ?? Tossing them by the handful .. Lol. A year later I'm in Russia, having chemo, killing (hopefully) the cells that cause my MS. I wonder about Easter next year. 

It's also been great to bond with the two friends I'm going through this, at the same time. We get it. We're in good spirits and that helps. We're bonded, we're bruised (literally), but we laugh together too. So important.

That's all from Russia. Short and sweet. 

No pictures. 

Have a Happy Easter !!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! Just think next Easter you will be able to scatter hundreds of eggs for the kids and still have energy to run around and help them 'find' all of those eggs the next day.

    ReplyDelete