Translate

Monday, March 2, 2015

Lo and behold, it's March !!! ...

I've been waiting for a year exactly to go for HSCT in Moscow. A year has helped me reassure what I thought from the beginning, that this is the route to go. I've learnt more about what will happen, how I might feel, what things I should bring with me, etc. One thing has been steady, and it's the trust that all of us undergoing this treatment have in Dr. Fedorenko and his team. I don't know him yet, but I doubt every single patient that has met him is wrong. 

I had a dream last night. I dreamed I was admitted to Pirogov Hospital in Moscow. They assigned me a mattress on the floor in the main hall. I had to kill a few spiders at night, and I was backing into a Chinese restaurant, and I mean literally backing to it. There were no walls, I could smell the food and watch the people eating. Other than that it was a good night. I also had a yellow full size fridge that for some reason had lots of icing cakes in it. I forgot to travel with my bag, and didn't have any of my clothes. I was most upset because I also forgot to bring my ipad .. how will I be able to talk to my children and husband ? The other patients seemed nice but I wasn't wearing any shoes. 

I should have woken up wondering about this. But I didn't. I just find it funny. It's my mind playing games. It always happens before I started school, a new job, go on a trip. It kind of made me chuckle. Really !! What are the odds I'll be sleeping on the floor ... right ? 

Anyway. Saw my family doctor this morning. Last time I see him before my trip. He confirmed his 100% support. He'll prescribe whatever Dr. Fedorenko orders after treatment. He asked me if I've done any swimming as he prescribed when he last saw me in December. I lied and told him only a couple of times ... shhh, don't tell him. He grinned and said he knew I have a lot of things going on right now. He'll bug me later. Thank you !! I promise I'll swim .. heck, I'll jog if I'm able to. Play hide and seek ? would that help ?

So all things are lining up. I've been spoiled with friends and neighbors generosity and love. My Russia bag is filling up nicely with things to pack. Schedules for family activities are updated, spreadsheet with HSCT schedule (thanks Mindy) printed, instructions to use washer and drier prepared. Hoping Putin doesn't screw it up too badly for the next couple of months so I can go and return home peacefully. 

Moscow, here I come !!




22 more days ...


2 comments:

  1. So excited to follow your journey! The countdown is definitely on for you...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much !! I'm getting excited, panicked, muy ansiosa (I know you 'do' a bit of Spanish) but also very hopeful. All at the same time. :)

      Delete