Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Start your engines ...

The day has come !!

In a few hours I'll be boarding the plane that will take me to Amsterdam first, then to Moscow.

I'm excited. I'm terrified. I'm confident. I am full of doubts. I'm happy and I'm sad. So many more feelings going through my head right now. But I do know I'm making the right decision, I'm taking a leap of faith trying to take matter into my own hands and doing the best I can to get better. Of this I'm sure.

Unlike the last post .. this won't be an 'Oscar speech' thanking everyone. I did forget to mention though .. lol .. all the past and present patients at Pirogov and other facilities that perform HSCT. A big thank you to each one of them. Thank you for all the answers, words of encouragement, advice of what or what not to bring. Thank you for being an inspiration. I remember each one of you. You all know who you are. It's my turn now and it warms my heart knowing all of you are also joining me in my journey. 

I have a few more bits to get around today before I leave home. Simple things and not so simple ones. I need to say goodbye to my children, and that will brake my heart. But it's all for a good cause and I'll be back. Bald and tired but I'll be standing proud.

My brother is already in Moscow waiting for me. And that is reassuring.

I'll be posting quick updates on my page on Facebook if you feel the need to follow it. Go to 'Flip the Bird in Russia' and like it. 

Here are my main reasons to go through HSCT ...




I don't have anything else for you right now. 

Peace

:)

1 comment: