Translate

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Flip Wristbands around the world ...

First of all ... I want to thank so many encouraging comments from all over the place. Not here, for some reason, nobody comments here in the blog, lol .. but I have read so many sweet words coming from the HSCT forum, the Russia forum (where I'll be going next year) and from friends and family that I copy the link to this blog. I read each one of them and be sure that each of your words makes me stronger. It's so reassuring to hear people like what I write, considering I was about to delete it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Also, some people have asked me to include a Donate button. Which now you'll find in the front of the blog. I'm not asking for donations, unless you're wealthy and don't know what to do with the extra cash. But this brought to mind another idea. As I've totally given up on fundraising with my bracelets (I really suck as a salesperson -my 9 yr old daughter is way better than me), an idea popped in my mind.

What if someone out there wants to sport one of the 'Flip the {bird} to MS' bracelets. I'm not asking anyone to pay for it. What I'm asking is to just donate the shipping cost (so I don't go backwards on this). Hence the donate button. There's no set amount, so each can donate whatever depending where you live. I've done it through Paypal and it's pretty easy. As long as you have a credit card, you can do it. You don't need to subscribe to anything. The cost to mail it in Canada is about C$2.00. It was supposed to be cheaper but can't seem to pack the things flatter enough in the envelope and they charged me more, pfttt. I'm assuming the cost will be C$3.00 for the US and around C$5.00 International (just roughly doubling the cost of a regular letter).

So what do you think ??

I'd like to have a picture of friends and people I don't know personally wearing my wristbands from all over the world. And when you get them in the mail, please take a picture of you wearing it and email it to me. I can include it here, with or without your name, your call. Wouldn't it be neat ? There's some family and friends that already have them. Some here in Canada and most down in Chile. Can you please send me a picture of you wearing it too and I can put them in the blog ? I'll start with mine ...



By the way ... I'm talking about the blue bracelet. The other has nothing to do with this, my dear cousin had it made for me and that's only mine .. lol. Had to put this disclaimer, don't want any disappointed customers.

So, if you're interested in this idea, let me know. Send me an email to : xxiimmee@hotmail.com (don't laugh at my email address please -I created it long ago and I'm guessing I was bored) with 'wristband' or 'flip the bird' on the reference. Give me your address, let me know how many you want and donate the shipping fee in this page.

Oh I'd love for this bracelets to travel. I've had them stacked in a box for months with nowhere to go .. lol. Please feel free to share this blog anywhere you think people will get something out of my journey. 

Oh, I found a picture of my dear friend in Chile, here it is. Hey it almost looks fashionable if you accessorize it !!


Cata - dear friend in Chile
So please be well, thanks again for all your kind words. Thank you also for all the HSCT Warriors that are right now in Moscow. You got this !! And best wishes to the ones that have recently gone home after having HSCT. Take care of yourselves and take it easy. As someone said, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

:)




No comments:

Post a Comment