Translate

Friday, November 14, 2014

Update on the 'Flip' Wristbands and other projects ...

Wow !!!

I have to say I'm overwhelmed at the response to the Wristbands. Who would have thought that after all these months of having them sitting on a box, some of them would see the light of day. Lol. 

I wanted to give an update on them. Some of them have crossed the Atlantic and are already in the hands of some brave HSCT veterans, or warriors as we call them. Some others are in West Canada and several others have made it to the US. Others will be send in the mail all the way to Australia !! This is so exciting. I thank each one of you.

Here's some pictures ...




Jamie, Sarah and Maddie - part of my family in Canada


Brooke - Pennsylvania / HSCT Veteran


Gwen - England / HSCT Veteran


How proud you all make me feel !! Thank you again !!

So if you want to get into this 'Flip the world movement', please feel free to email me at : xxiimmee@hotmail.com. Let me know your address and how many would you like. The only cost I'm asking for is to cover posting them, which is minimal. You can use the 'Donate' button in this page and add the amount. It's pretty straight forward. Then, please, PLEASE send me your picture wearing them. 

My days have been busy lately. I've had this burst of energy .. where was it during the summer when I could actually spend time outside !! I had excellent timing and planted some tulip and crocus bulbs two days ago with the 'help' of my three year old. I was holding off just so the squirrels wouldn't eat them. How could I guess that the day after I planted them, I was so lucky that mother nature sent us a brief snowfall and now all the ground is semi covered in snow .. yay !! Ximena 1 - Squirrels 0 !!

So that's done .. I hope to come back from Russia next year and see the flowerbeds full of beautiful tulips, crocuses and hyacinths. Love that time of the year, it's my favourite !!

What else .. as you may have all read in the blog before .. earlier this year I was doing big painting jobs in the house and did most of the rooms. Now I'm giving some finishing touches painting window and door trims and baseboards of the rooms I won't be painting. Trying to finish all that stuff before I go for treatment because when I come back I won't do anything. Just sit down and lay around all day .. lol .. (right family ?). 

I'm also working hard at night trying to finish my two oldest daughters Christmas' stockings. It takes me around 8-10 months to stitch each one of them and now that they are both ready I'm hand sewing them to look like actual stockings. The goal is to have them ready for December. It takes so long to make them that I forget how to actually put the pieces together, so it's a bit time demanding but I'm getting there.

Here's a picture of the one I made for my husband a couple of years ago ...





I must add that this stocking is massive in size !! Didn't think of that and now every time for Christmas I end up stuffing it with socks and some bulky stuff. The children's ones are smaller, checked .. hahhahaa.  I'll update with pictures of the new ones when they are finished.

I've also been decorating the house for Christmas. All of you that have had little children know this. It's not me asking them to start decorations in November, it's them. They can see advertising of Christmas on tv, on the paper, pretty much anywhere. So we're doing one item a day. That's all I could negotiate .. lol.


Thank you again for all the encouragement, words of wisdom and laughter. Life is good.

:)


2 comments:

  1. Amiga linda,
    Es un orgullo tener tu pulsera y explicar que es de la mejor amiga, mamá y mujer que existe en la tierra. Esa alegría que siempre está presente en ti es un ejemplo para mi y me siento orgullosa de ti. Ya queda cada vez menos y vas a ver como todo saldrá increíble, como te mereces.

    ReplyDelete